Trigger Warning is our annual celebration of upsetting stories. Each year we choose a theme and ask for your grossest, most violent, most genuinely upsetting stories in your arsenal.
For our 2022 Trigger Warning, we’ve decided it’s time we stop being so polite to those dearly departed husks that were once, and maybe will be in the future, loved ones! Too often the dead are given too much respect, we ignore their living shortcomings and refuse to speak ill of the deceased. Well, we want to change that! Dig up Sally for a roll in the hay! Didn’t we bury Jerry with that fantastic watch? He won’t miss it! What about old “Too-Touchy” uncle Pete? Maybe his death was too kind and we need to take some pleasure in piling on more abuse.
And what about dark rituals and cannibalism, what about the things that crawl from the rotting corpses and out of sunken bogs because the curious couldn’t leave well enough alone? What about the corpses desecrated in ceremonies who wish to share their pain with the living? If we refuse to respect the dead (and we do) why should they respect us?
Give us your stories of grave robbing, necrophilia, necrocannibalism, necromancy, necrophobia, desecration, deification. Bring out your dead and paint the streets in the blood of the living and the rot of the disrespected dead.
Remember this collection is for the stomach-churning, the ultra-violent, the painful to read. These stories require trigger warnings.
Submissions Open From March 1st until May 30th
Use the Form Below or Send Submissions as an attachment
with the subject “Trigger Warning: (Name of Story)”
- We will not accept stories in which rape is portrayed in an acceptable or positive light.
- Racism/Sexism/Bigotry of any form will never be accepted here, unless it is followed by the violent and terrifying death of said bigots.
- The minimum word count is 1500.
- Double-check your grammar and spelling.
- Format your story correctly.
- Please submit all stories in DOC/RTF format.
- Please let us know if the story has been published previously.
- We prefer to avoid multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- We pay $10.00 for stories
- Acceptance/Rejection letters will be sent out once submissions are closed.