Submissions for 2023 Are Now CLOSED!
We want to see your pitches. We want to see the stories you hope to see come to light. As opposed to asking for manuscripts or queries, we are opening up the flood gates for your grandest ideas. This is a completely open process, so anyone can submit and no one is given preferential treatment. When we accept a pitch, we’ll move it to a spot on our consideration list for 2023.
Your pitch could be for a manuscript you’ve been sitting on or for one you’ve been wanting to write. That said, we want to hear pitches for books that will exist in 2023. We want to fill a publishing schedule with amazing things. When we accept a pitch, that’s just the first step in the process. Once your pitch is accepted, we’ll work with you and talk with you about your schedule and vision, but there won’t be a contract offered until we have seen and approved a final manuscript.
What Do You Get If We Accept Your Book?
- 5-Year Publishing Contract
- A Small Advance if appropriate based on past sales/rankings
- 5 Contributor Copies & At-Cost Copies upon Request
What Are We Looking For?
Madness Heart Press has found its presence in the indie horror scene through our diverse and open-mindedness towards horror literature. That said, going into 2023, we have decided to focus on four main subgenres of horror:
- Experimental Horror
You can read more about each of these categories on our main submission page.
Guidelines for Your Pitches
Your pitch should have 4 parts.
- Subject: Your subject should be “PITCH – (the type of work [novella, novel, play, poetry collection, etc.] – [The category, splatterpunk, bizarro, folk-horror, or Experimental] – YOURNAME
- Your pitch should be ONE paragraph long with a theme and the key story arc that will drive the work.
- YOU MAY Include ONE paragraph detailing past work, awards, distinctions, or anything relevant.
- INCLUDE LINKS to any social platforms or websites.
Ignoring any of the guidelines will result in your pitch being deleted unread. Further, we will only reach out to those whose pitches we feel would find a good home at Madness Heart Press.
Where Do I Send My Pitch?
Send all pitches, following the above guidelines, to our Pitches Email Address