In ‘Corners of the World’ collections we showcase writers and authors from all around the world, each collection focuses on a different subset of people from different cultures. Giving their unique voices and stories a chance to shine. For these collections, we want to bring the folk stories and societies to live in stark horror through the eyes of those who inhabit them.
This year we focus on Jewish stories of horror, we want stories from Jews of every ethnic background focusing on the culture and world of Judaism. Has Ashmandai come to claim a genetic oath? Has the Golem of Prague re-risen to exact vengeance on a secretive society? Does something worse than death stalk the ghettos and warrens of the world?
- Violence, sex, and gore must be pertinent and interesting to the story.
- Rape is never acceptable.
- Anything too gratuitous will be rejected.
- Racism/Sexism/Bigotry of any form will never be accepted here.
- Double check your grammar and spelling.
- Format your story correctly.
- Please submit all stories in DOC/RTF format.
- Reprints are ok.
- Please include a small bio that includes your own connection to the Jewish people or culture.
- We retain exclusive publishing rights for 12 months.
- We pay $5.00 for stories up to 5000 words
- Deadline is 10.30.19 –
- We give this a long submission time due to the narrow nature of our search. Once we have the all the stories we need we close submissions, this could be 1 month or 10.