Publishing with Madness Heart Press
We would love to be your publisher. With KDP and other self-publishing options, you may wonder why you would choose a small indie publisher. As your publisher we will:
- Edit your work.
- Proofread your work.
- Get the cover created for you.
- Publish your product and have it available as a physical product.
- Publish your digital work through every major digital retailer available.
- Promote your work on our website and through social media.
- Sell your work on our website and at any events we attend.
What does it cost the author?
- We offer 50% net retail royalties.
- 2-year agreement.
- At cost author copies upon request.
What happens at the end of 2 years?
At the end of the two years, we will review sales and how happy you as the author as we as the publisher are with the relationship. We will continue to publish and distribute your book until such a point that you or we wish to dissolve that agreement.
What Will Madness Heart Press Publish?
We like to focus on stories that deal with horror themes. Even though horror is our bread and butter, we can be enticed to read any story with darker themes. We are willing to look at novellas, short story collections, full-length novels, and even chapbooks. We will not turn away any genre including nonfiction or poetry, so long as it aligns with our ideas of darker themes.
- Violence, sex, and gore must be pertinent and interesting to the story.
- Racism, sexism, and bigotry will also be looked at closely for a purpose.
- Anything too gratuitous will be rejected.
- Double check your grammar and spelling.
- Format your story correctly.
- Please submit all stories in DOC/RTF/MOBI format.
- Please send a synopsis before you submit a story! We will let you know if we would like to read your manuscript based on your synopsis.