War is hell. Human monsters run amok, cruelty is the order of the day and if you can’t become a killer you will die. There are other things lurking in the fog of war, creatures that feed on misery and suffering. That drink the blood of man on morphine for the high and feast on spilled entrails.
What sort of entity heightens the madness of war for it’s own gain? Is it PTSD or have the monsters really followed the soldier home to continue the hunt? How many wars has Vlad Tepes fought in through the years?
This collection plans to bring together the best stories of monsters and boogeymen during wartime strife. Stories of soldiers and mercenaries dealing with supernatural and supranatural threats.
- We will not accept any stories about rape.
- Racism/Sexism/Bigotry of any form will never be accepted here.
- Stories over 1500 words preferred.
- Double check your grammar and spelling.
- Format your story correctly.
- Please submit all stories in DOC/RTF format.
- We prefer stories that have not been published before.
- We prefer to avoid multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- We retain exclusive publishing rights for 12 months.
- We pay $5.00 for stories
- We provide a digital contributor copy free and at cost+shipping physical copies
- Deadline is 6.30.19