Publishing with Madness Heart Games
The Madness Heart Games’ doors are now open to working with creators of TTRPG materials. We are looking for horror-related gaming supplements and original works. All works submitted must either be an original creation OR made under OGL or another 3rd party license. These include games such as Mork Borg, Necronautilus, Trophy, Blades in the Dark, or any system that allows the use of their rules via the Creative Commons Attribution license.
The above systems are mentioned by name because they are of PARTICULAR interest to us. However, we are interested in working with any creators who focus on horror/grimdark themes.
As your publisher we will:
- Edit your work.
- Proofread your work.
- Create an amazing cover for you.
- Do layout.
- Publish your product and have it available as a physical product.
- Publish your digital work through every major digital retailer available.
- Promote your work on our website and through social media.
- Sell your work on our website and at any events we attend.
- We will help you find artists to work with.
- If needed we will discuss running a kickstarter or other fundraising project in order to fund certain projects-if the project needs art that the creator cannot supply or afford.
What Does the Creator Get?
- We offer a SMALL ADVANCE.
- We offer 70% net retail royalties.
- 5-year agreement.
- 5 free copies, and further at cost author copies
- There will be no costs accrued by the author. We do not charge authors.
- IMPORTANT – We make our agreement with a single entity/creator. It is up to the creator to deliniate and distribute royalties to contributors/artists.
What Happens at the End of 5 Years?
At the end of the two years, we will review sales and how happy you as the author as we as the publisher are with the relationship. We will continue to publish and distribute your book until such a point that you or we wish to dissolve that agreement.
What Will Madness Heart Games Publish?
We are looking for the very best in indie ttrpg. A good rule of thumb would be to look at the sort of novels we accept or publish, along with any other material we have published to see what sort of RPG materials we would be interested in publishing.
All works submitted must either be an original creation OR made under OGL or another 3rd party license. These i ll works submitted must either be an original creation OR made under OGL or another 3rd party license. These include games such as Mork Borg, Necronautilus, Trophy, Blades in the Dark, or any system that allows the use of their rules via the Creative Commons Attribution license.
- Rape and sexual abuse are not fun, funny nor do they have any place at our gaming table.
- Bigotry has a place in game worlds, but not in the work. Any racism, sexism, homophobia within your work or in the game-world that is portrayed as positive will result in a very quick dismissal.
- Double check your grammar and spelling.
- We will consider products that are not yet complete, but please have a portfolio or sample ready to show along side your complete pitch.
- Include as many details in your pitch as possible. Also include status of project, resources needed to complete, and expected completion deadline.